Countdown To Event:
Our goal is to raise money for local charities including music for therapy programs in the region.
About the Day of 1000 musicians
This will be Niagara Region’s version of Rockin’ 1000 – an ambitious attempt to gather 1000 musicians to perform simultaneously for the largest Canadian rock show ever.
This YouTube video by Rockin’ 1000 illustrates what happened when 1000 musicians gathered at Rockin’ 1000 to perform Foo Fighters – Learn to Fly!
Schedule of Events
- For security reasons, no backpacks or liquids will be allowed into the event. We have made exceptions for diaper bags for children and medical aids. These bags will be checked before being allowed into the event.
- Water stations will allow you to fill your containers with water at no charge and bottled water will be available for purchase at the event.
- Smoking will be allowed in designated area’s only. Please remember all public parks are non-smoking in the city.
- Drinking of alcoholic beverages will be allowed in designated areas only
- There will be police and professional security guards at the event
- You must register at the main entrance before you enter the event.
Transportation & Parking
To Spectators and Public
General admission will have two options for parking:
Free – you can park at the Gale Center (5152 Thorold Stone Rd.) and take the shuttle to and from the event at no charge. The shuttles will be leaving Gale center for the first three hours (11:30 – 2:30) on the hour and half hour. After 2:30 PM, they will be leaving on an “as necessary” basis. It is about a 12 minute ride from the Gale Center to Firemans Park – so enjoy the scenic ride to the event. The last shuttles will be leaving the event at approximately 9:30 PM (depends on crowd size).
$5.00 Preferred Onsite Parking – There will be attendants on Mountain Rd just west of Dorchester to direct you to preferred on-site parking areas. There will be a $5.00 charge for this parking (all of which will be going to our associated charities). This parking is right on site but there is a short stroll to the event area. Attendants will direct you to the event area.
We are expecting large crowds at the event so we encourage locals to be dropped off and picked up to avoid frustration and delays in getting home and to the event. The choice is yours since there will be free shuttles running all day from the Gale Center.
Handicapped / Disabled Parking
There will be handicapped areas reserved for parking in front of the main building. Attendants will guide you there.
Musicians will be allowed to park onsite at no charge. When you enter the park to drop off your equipment, you will be directed to a parking area directly behind the main building. You can leave your instrument in the car or check it in at our drop off location – your choice. If you are dropping your equipment off to be checked in – you must adhere to the scheduled times posted for musicians. There will be no drop offs accepted after 11 AM.
Volunteers will be allowed to park onsite at no charge in designated areas. When you enter the park you will be directed to the volunteer parking areas.
To Media- Press and Television:
There will be designated parking in front of the main building for Press and Publicity parking. Show you credentials to the parking attendants for access to these areas.
Firemen's Park Map
Location & Schedule Of Events
2275 Dorchester Rd, Niagara Falls, ON Canada
Saturday, July 21, 2018
Noon to 9:00pm EST.
Rain Date: Sunday, July 22, 2018
Event Organizer Contacts:
John Fillion (905) 988-3348
Paul K. Lemire (905) 353-7560
The Party Goes On!
Since the event will be coming to a close after 8:30pm and we know that many of you may want to “continue the party”, we have venue suggestions offering continued live entertainment that you may be interested in.
After Party Hot Spots
- Chip n Charlie’s Eatery & Bar (Live band: The Skins) – 8189 Lundy’s Ln, Niagara Falls
- Cat’s Kitchen + Bar (Live band: Dark Horse) – 6788 Thorold Stone Road, Niagara Falls
- Brewins Pub (Great Food but no live entertainment) – 4300 Drummond Rd Unit 7, Niagara Falls
- Big Texas Niagara – 5769 Ferry St, Niagara Falls
- Willie John’s Big Easy – 4683 Crysler Ave, Niagara Falls
- Taps On Queen Brewhouse & Grill – 4680 Queen St, Niagara Falls
We are looking to expand this list of opportunities, so if you are a venue and wish to be listed here, please contact the organizers.
Exclusive Local Offerings
River Rapids Inn
4029 River Rd, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 3E5
– offering a 25% discount on room rates if you mention you are attending the Day of 1000 Musicians
We are looking to expand this list of offers, so if you are a venue and wish to be listed here, please contact the organizers.
Reserve Your Place Or Help Us With The Event!
If you can play 3 basic chords, you can play the songs we have chosen!
We have 1000 field spaces reserved for: 250 guitarists, 250 bass guitarists, 250 drummers and 250 singers!
Registration is $20! Invite your friends and come out for an awesome time!
Sign up for your chance to perform in this one of a kind spectacle!
Raising Money For Charity
“Through the use of singing/vocalization, song-writing, music listening, movement, song discussion, instrument playing and improvisation we seek to improve the mental and physical well being of our clients.”
“Here at the Niagara Conservatory of Music, we are working to foster a sense of community and empowerment for children, assisting to provide music lessons to children from across the Niagara region.”
“Provides emergency food to an average of 100 families per day who are living below the poverty line in Niagara Falls.”
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact the event organizers for details.